Sunday 12 June 2011

Get your long documents summarised - Topicmarks

I'm a quick reader but never shy of a short cut I checked out Topicmarks. It promises to summarise the document you load into short easy sentences. I tried it on a complex Dept of Health document and I love the result! The 15 page document of tightly packed text was summarised into a single page of mostly bullet pointed sentences.  I quickly got the gist of what the document was about. And yes, I did then check whether the system produced a good result, by reading the whole thing, and it did.

A great system, though of course, the originator of documents could also provide a short summary list in the first place! I think this will be good for the quick review of academic papers.

It is free (in beta) and I don't get anything for recommending it...

No comments: